The Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre, organizes an annual competition for Arabic language friends that includes native and non-native speakers. The competition consists of short videos that discuss topics which reflect a range of different experiences using Arabic. The works produced for the competition are designed to encourage young people to take an interest in and master Arabic as well as showcase the beauty of the language and its ability to express human experiences. The competition also aims to inspire non-Arabic speaking youngsters to learn the language and use it in their in daily life. The competition targets both Arabic and non-Arabic speakers.
Click here for more information on ‘Arabic Pals’ Programme terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
An annual competition for Arabic enthusiasts, including native and non-native speakers, is organised by the Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre (ALC). The competition analyses brief videos, covering subjects and reflecting a variety of Arabic-speaking experiences. In addition to showcasing the beauty of the language and its capacity to describe human experiences, the works created for the competition are intended to inspire young people to become interested in and proficient in Arabic. Additionally, the competition hopes to encourage young people who do not know Arabic to pick up the language and incorporate it into their daily lives.
Only the Entry Period, which is 2 months long, is when applications are allowed. ALC’s social media outlets post a notification about the beginning of the Entry Period. All submissions made prior to or following the entry period are invalid. After the Entry Period has ended, the contestants who have won will be notified within two months.
1. Participants in the competition must be presently enrolled students who are at least 8 years old and under 16 years old.
2. Each Contestant's parent or legal guardian must complete the application form in person and be accountable for the correctness of the information provided therein. Applications that are incomplete won't be accepted.
3. ALC will make announcements regarding the deadlines for each participation submission on its social media channels. It is a must for all participants to follow the competition announcements on ALC’s social media accounts.
4. Participation in the contest is free of charge.
5. All materials submitted to participate in the competition are regarded as ALC's property.
The following items are required as part of your Child’s application to the Arabic Pals Contest:
1. Video submission by Participant.
2. Video must either be in .mov or .mp4 format, in Arabic, no larger than 1GB, and up to 2 minutes long.
3. Parent’s or Guardian’s passport or ID copy.
4. The ID/passport copy must be in .pdf, .jpg, or .png format.
5. Parent/Guardian’s consent (on the form).
6. Personal data use consent (on the form).
Three selected Winners will each receive a cash prize of AED 10,000.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application form on the Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre website: www.alc.ae
For further information or support on the Arabic Pals Contest, kindly contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the winners
To participate in the competition and submit your video application, please use the form below: