The Research Grants Program aims to motivate Arabic language researchers, to advance scientific research in its fields of knowledge. The Program offers a rewarding financial grant to researchers, empowering them to complete their research at the highest academic standards, under the supervision of Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre's Arabic Language Research & Education department.
Click here for more information on the Research Grants Program terms and conditions.
To submit your application for a research grant, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In its pursuit to promote and elevate the status of the Arabic language both in the Arab World and globally, the Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre (ALC) offers yearly financial grants to researchers working in the field of Arabic language and science. This initiative is aligned with ALC's strategy, which is founded on its establishment law stipulating the promotion of creativity, authorship, and scientific research in various arts and disciplines related to the Arabic language.
1. The research should be in Arabic only.
2. The research should comprise no less than 50,000 words.
3. The research should have a novelty aspect and observe academic standards.
4. The research must be in line with the ALC's strategy and directions.
5. The research should not be published or submitted to any other entity.
6. If shortlisted, the researcher must submit an initial plan in their candidacy application, followed by a detailed plan along with the sources and references.
7. After three months, the researcher must submit a comprehensive report detailing their progress in the research project. The researcher must further submit the complete research three months after the submission of the first detailed report.
8. Two or more researchers may participate in applying together for a grant, and the grant shall be divided equally once obtained.
9. The concerned department shall determine the period required to deliver the research in its final form.
Research grants application mechanism:
1. ALC shall announce the opening of candidacy for research grants in the first month of each year, through newspapers and its social media accounts. ALC may communicate with universities for the latter to nominate their researchers.
2. Researchers may send their resume and the first layout of their research to: email@example.com on time.
3. All researchers shall be notified of the receipt of their application. Only shortlisted researchers shall receive a notification of their nomination requesting they provide additional details about their project.
4. Shortlisted researchers shall provide an expanded outline of their research detailing their topic, objectives, methodology, and novelty elements, along with a list of their most prominent sources and references.
5. The final list of grant winners shall be announced in the first week of March.
6. Three months after their commission, the researcher must submit a comprehensive report detailing their progress in the research project. The researcher must further submit the complete research three months after the submission of the detailed report.
7. Research projects shall be presented before a jury and researchers must address all jury remarks. The grant is canceled should the jury reject the research.
8. The ALC shall have the paper and electronic copyrights for grant-winning research for an unlimited duration.
The ALC shall have all paper and electronic copyrights for grant-winning research, whether such research is theoretical or applied for an open and indefinite period.
Topics eligible for research grant applications:
1. Arabic lexicon
3. Literature and criticism
4. Arabic calligraphy
5. Teaching of Arabic to non-Arabic speakers
6. Achieving manuscripts in all Arabic language sciences
Research proposal evaluation details:
1. Research merit and intellectual modernity
2. Expected impact of research proposal outputs
3. Research proposal's relevance to the ALC's strategy
4. Qualifications and research career of the primary researcher and each of the research associates or partners in the research proposal
5. Contribution of the research proposal to the development of the Arabic language
1. ALC may request letters of recommendation for researchers from research host institutions or from eminent figures in the proposed area of research.
2. ALC shall sign contracts with the researchers benefiting from the research grants, provided that such contracts determine the obligations of each of the parties.
3. Research grants shall be awarded following the jury's clearance of the research. The grant shall be divided equally among researchers wherever two or more are involved in the same research.